Christ the King Community Church is a congregation of people who are hungry for God. You could call us a variety of things:
We're seeking to live in the presence of our crucified and resurrected Lord Jesus Christ.
We love the written Word of God. We study it and consider it the authoritative guide for our lives.
We are a Holy Spirit directed and empowered church because we love the Holy Spirit, both His gifts and His fruit and our desire is to follow His leading in every part of our lives.
We believe that without faith it’s impossible to please God and that it is by faith that we lay hold of God’s promises and experience signs, wonders and miracles.
We demonstrate that we belong to Jesus by our love for each other. We emphasize walking out our faith in loving, covenantal community with our sisters and brothers.
But the main thing you need to know about us is that we love Jesus and are committed to follow Him no matter where He leads. We have seen enough of Jesus to know we want all that He has for us. We’re not satisfied till He has changed us to become more and more like Him.
Our mission is to help people become what they were created for: to love God, love people and reach the world. How we aim to live out our mission statement:
We celebrate the goodness and greatness of God
• Enter and stay in His presence with thanksgiving.
• Give thanks to Him in every situation.
• Lift His name up higher than the name of any problem we are facing.
• Sing His praises even when we are surrounded by problems beyond our control.
• Develop a culture of praise and thanksgiving.
We live in loving community
• Learn to love.
• Learn to speak the truth in love.
• Learn to forgive.
• Learn to not be easily offended.
• Learn to protect our brother’s and sister’s backs.
• Learn to lay down our lives for one another.
We step out in faith
• Take a risk directed by the Holy Spirit.
• Share the Gospel with a stranger.
• Bless an enemy.
• Stand up for the truth.
• Start a cell group.
• Step out beyond our comfort zone.
• Trust God to supply our needs.
We abide in Jesus
• Maintain our ‘first love’ of Jesus that would never allow anyone or anything to be more important in our lives than what He is to us.
• Do and say what we hear Him doing and saying.
• Dwell in Him; rest in Him; stay connected to Him.
• Remain in continual fellowship with the Holy Spirit.
• Knowledge of the Bible
• Knowledge of how to abide in Jesus
• Knowledge of basics of the Faith
• Knowledge of how to minister in power of the Holy Spirit
We live in the overflow
• Share the good things we have received.
• Teach and share with at least one other person what we have just learned and received.
• We train trainers.
• We are always asking, “Who does God want me to share this truth with?“
In 1985, fifteen couples joined together in a hotel conference room in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania, to initiate a new work, a church plant through the Mennonite Church. Christ the King Community Church was born to be a place where people could experience the Holy Spirit’s work in their lives and enjoy fellowship with one another. Since those fifteen families began at CTK, the church has been home to many people over its 30+ years of ministry. Although Christ the King honors its roots in the Mennonite Church, it is now a non-denominational church.
Christ the King Community Church is a member of New Testament Fellowship of Churches.
New Testament Fellowship belongs to a larger network of networks called Kingdom Life Network (KLN). KLN includes Destiny Ministries International, Harvest Network, Native American Fellowship of Churches and New Testament Fellowship, in the United States and PTL-India in India, Happy Church International in Kenya, and Cambodia Christian Church in Cambodia.
Christ the King Community Church sits on a hill overlooking Route 30 as you drive west of Lancaster and head toward York. To find us, get off Route 30 at either the Rohrerstown or Centerville exit and find your way to 2449 Marietta Ave., Lancaster Pennsylvania. We are waiting to see you.